Monday, May 14, 2007

WICKED - The untold story of the witches of OZ

I have been waiting for this Broadway show to come to Colorado for about a year now. I was able to go and see it with Kaarina, thanks to Amy (Chris' sister). She teaches choir and was taking her students and I was able to get a ticket at a great price, and the seats weren't too shabby.
This was a wonderful show, if any of you have a chance to see it, I highly recommend it. It is based off the book "Wicked", I haven't read it, but heard it is much cleaner and the way the story should have been. The music is wonderful. It explains so much of the Wizard of OZ movie, why thing were the way they were, and is the Wicked Witch of the West really Wicked? Just thought I'd share. ;)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I have NEVER heard of that. SOunds like it would be interesting.

Amanda said...

Does she wear the ruby red slippers????? Do they look like the real ones?

Burns Family said...

She does wear ruby red slippers, they used to be silver, you find out why they become ruby. It fills in a lot of reasons why the thing were in OZ. Why is the Wicked Witch Green, Why there is a talking Cowerdly Lion, A scarecrow with no brains and a tin man with no heart. A definate must see!