Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spur of the Moment Day at the Zoo

This morning at 9am, I asked Austin if he would like to go to the park or the zoo (stupid question to ask him I know) of course he said the zoo. We have a membership there so we stayed for only two hours. Don't know how many of you have been to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, but it is very hilly. And when you are pushing a stroller with two kids, it gets very tiresome.

9am was a perfect time to go, hardly anybody was there and the animals were out and about and busy. Austin enjoyed feeding the giraffs. His main goal was to see the hippo's. We were able to see the Peguins being fed, and the gorillas being very active. There was on disturbing female gorilla. She would eat, throw it up, eat it, throw it up and so on. I thing we saw her do this more than a couple of times. GROSS! Well the caretaker said that this is a learned habit in captivity, and she does it to get attention. bleghck! We did see this cute little baby gorilla. He was all over the place, the caretaker said he had been like this since early this morning (hmmm... reminds me of Austin) Well, we had a fun time, Aaron enjoyed watching it all from the stroller - he stayed awake the whole time. I didn't take my camera because it just stinks right now, and also the batteries needed to be charged. I did take a couple of pictures with my phone, yes I know my yucky camera would have been better, but you know the batteries. So try to enjoy what you can see.

Here is the crazy little active monkey...He was running, swinging and jumping around everywhere.















Next is Austin's Favorite the Hippos, two of the hippos were sleeping sooo cute, don't know if you can make it out (regretting I didn't have my yucky camera) but the hippos where sleeping with thier noses where touching. Austin said they were kissing... Awwww Hippos kisses.















Well hope you enjoy, don't worry I didn't take a picture of the female gorilla eating her throwup, I am not crazy.

2 comments:

molly said...

love the hippos. we didn't see any at the dallas zoo!

molly said...

love the hippos. we didn't see any at the dallas zoo!