Sunday, February 17, 2008

Crooked Crack


So I have yet to tell you about Aaron's "Crooked Crack". Yes, he literally has a crooked bottom crack. It is very cute. When he was about a month old, I had to take him to get an ultrasound and x-rays due to this thing. You see, where the crack goes crooked (vears off to the right) there is a dimple that goes a little too deep for the doctors comfort. I guess this can be caused by the spinal cord being attached all the way to the tail bone which is not good, it can make it hard for the child to walk, or not be able to walk at all. But every thing turned out alright for Aaron, he just won't be able to have the profession of a bottom model (don't worry, we didn't wan't that to be his life long goal anyway) Here is a cute picture of his bum... (Sorry the picture is not the best, I need a new camera)

3 comments:

Becks said...

Poor bum-bum. Glad things are okay though!

Amanda said...

WOW! I had no idea that something like that could be so serious!!! I am glad he is alright:) What a cute bum he has:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! My daughter has a crooked crack too! She was adopted from Russia in 2002 and is now 6 years old. The docs said not to worry...they said something about a hole at the end of the spine too and that she didn't have that. She's an AMAZING gymnast now so her crooked bottom doesn't seem to affect a thing!